November 18, 2008

Cake??


I had the perfect idea for my wedding cake...picture this. Box-shaped cupcakes with white icing. They would turn into presents by putting sage green icing and an icing bow on top. In the middle of the bow would be a white chocolate starfish. Scott and I would have our own small cake topper to cut into with the sage green icing and white chocolate starfish around the bottom. I love the idea. Monique (from Sugar Confections in Sunset Beach) was fantastic (And just to let you know, she also does cookies, cakes, and pies for other occasions for those Sunset Beach people). She had wonderful cake for me to taste and got every other type of treat that I wanted to try right then.

She had mentioned one other possibility for my cupcakes, which is the cupcake wrapper, and I finally got the picture of what she was talking about and now I don't know what to do. I think that they are super cute, but I'm not sure it is something that will really be needed...because after all I can't take the cake or the wrappers with me.

At least I have the delicious flavors decided!!!

2 comments:

mindy said...

Thats way cute right up to the plastic palm tree coming out the top. That's a little too bday party for me. But...what if it was the same design but with a REAL tropical flower coming out the top? That would be sweet.

mindy said...

Hey...what happened to the cupcake idea anyway??