August 14, 2008

I'm a hearbreaker :(


Poor Andy. Poor, Poor Andy.

I never knew that agreeing to be Andy's girlfriend one spring afternoon would ever lead to this. After an eventful shopping trip with the Horner boys, Andy popped the question. Will I be his girlfriend???? Of course. Who could resist that cute cute CUTE kid! And what a great boyfriend he is...he helped me pick out a dress and then he even got me a matching purse on his own for a gift!!!

Then when Scott popped the real question, I of course called Mindy. And that is where the heartbreaking comes in. I called to tell Mindy and Maci that I finally got engaged. Well the news spread to Andy and it turns out that while those two were excited...Andy was not so much.

I got a phone call thinking it was Maci and it turns out to be a conversation something like this...

"Osborn, I was going to marry you."
"Oh, Andy I love you to pieces."
"Osborn, I was going to marry you."
"Oh, I'm so sorry. I still love you!!!"
But nothing that I said could make him think that me getting married was a good idea.

And then I stopped by and normally, I get knocked down with hugs. Andy just looked at me and said, "Are you still wearing that love ring"

Oh, but be prepared...I continue to break his heart. I ran into the Horner family at the gas station. As I scooted over to say hello, Andy was quiet again. Not a single peep. I found out later that after I left, Andy told Mindy (his mom), "I was going to marry her. I should've asked her sooner."

So there it is...I have officially broken a four year old's heart. It's been a over a month and he still hasn't forgotten. Mindy has promised that she won't teach Andy the word Object!!!!

2 comments:

mindy said...

So true. It is even more pitiful because with his Rs sounding like Ws, it comes out like this, "man...I was gonna mawy hew. I shoulda huwwied up." Poor baby.

Ashley B said...

Poor Andy Bear :)