September 7, 2008

The First Party


This Saturday Scott and I attended our first wedding party! My mom and dad threw an engagement bash for family and friends. Leading up the the event, I was a little worried that Hurricane Hannah would ruin the plans. Hurrican Hannah could have prevented Scott from getting here or it could have put a damper on the outside party. But no worries...it was a beautiful, gorgeous, fantastic day! Pictures will follow soon.

The whole evening was perfect. My dear friends Eowyn and Erin were there. I have known them since middle school. Julia, another middle school friend, was there is in heart because she is now living in Chicago. Crystal and Angela (maid of honor) were there! The Godmother Mafia was in town and didn't let me down. They brought delish food and their bubbly personality. Other family friends that were in attendance were Sally and Jeff, Kim and Byron, Peggy (bridesmaid) and Ronnie (ofiicial wedding driver), Jess (bridesmaid), Casey (official usher). It was so great to have everyone there!

There were so many memories but one of the best had to be the party game, How Well Do You Know Scott and Stacie? The questions ranged from when and where did Scott and Stacie get married? Where did Scott spend the first 5 months of our dating? How did Scott save Stacie's life? What phrase is most likely to come out of Scott's mouth when he is watching football? By the way, when Jodi O. read the multiple choice answer, Scott almost spit his beverage out! It was hilarious! The answers were almost as funny and so many of them brought back memories. Team UNC (Erin, Evan, and Eowyn) remembered that my favorite movie was My Best Friends Wedding-which we used to dance to at our weekly sleepovers. Team Sally and Jeff answered his wife when asked the question what is Scott's favorite pet. And I will just let your imagination run with the answers that were given to the question What is a typical date for Scott and Stacie. To keep with the Seal (my soon to be last name) theme...there was even a prize of Red Seal Beer!!!

I can't forget a very special phone call from my Great Aunt Betty, who toasted long distance with Scott and I.

With food, friends, family, games, cake, and even a few presents, the evening was a total success!

3 comments:

Ashley B said...

Sounds like a ton of fun-- glad the weather held up

CAC muffin said...

had a blast!
thanks for including me!
LOVE YOU!

mindy said...

I hate that we missed it but it sounds like it was FABULOUS!